- Create a new project.
- Create a new web event in your project.
- Grab the embed code from the event and place it in the header of your website or web application.
- Share the new event with your clients.
Create a new project.
- Visit the new project page to create your new project. Have questions on that? Check out our "How to Create Your First Project" guide.
Create a new web event in your new project.
- Once in your new project, right-click anywhere within the project or click the large green "plus" icon in the and click New Event.
- Next, enter the title of your web event. This is typically the name of the website of web application you are creating and collecting feedback on (plus a version number if you will be collecting feedback on multiple revisions).
- Next, enter a description for your new web event, one useful to you and your colleagues (as the description is only visible to you and your colleagues, not your client).
- Next, enter the the Event URL Location which is simply the URL of the website or web application you want to link to this event and collect feedback on.
- Lastly, choose whether or not you want your client to be able to see this event by selecting a desired Event Visibility. You can always change this later.
Note: Without a valid and working URL, your client will have no way of reaching the website or web application to provide feedback unless you manually send them the URL.
Grab the embed code from the event and place it in the header of your website or web application.
- Once you've created your event, click the "Copy to Clipboard" button that appears beneath your new embed code.
- Finally, paste the code snippet you just copied at the very end of the header on your website or web application (right before
Note: The embed code must be placed on every page of the website / web application. That means if you don't have a shared header, you must paste it on every page before
Share your new event with your clients.
After you've completed the above steps, you're now ready to collect feedback on your website / web application. How can your client access your website / web application to provide feedback?
- While viewing your project in "File Browser" view, right-click your new event.
- Click "Share".
- Click the "Send" button for a particular user to send them a reminder to view this event. The email will contain your name and a link to the event.